[Debconf-team] Draft for blogpost: Jessie is here, DebConf15 approaches! (several reminders

Hi everybody
Long overdue (look at the filename!), below you can find a proposal for
a blog post to be published maybe next week (or whenever you like).

The text needs heavy review and rewriting, but "something" is better
than "nothing", I suppose.

The text is committed in the blog drafts:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/blog.git/tree/drafts/2015-03-26_dc15_reminders.txt

I cannot work online until Monday, so feel free to do anything you like
(reword, add more ideas, remove them, trash the whole thing, set
publishing date, publish yourselves, whatever) during the weekend, and
later :)

Best
--
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Jessie is here! DebConf15 approaches!
meta-author:

While the Debian project celebrates the release of Jessie
(congratulations to all the community!), the organization of <a
href="http://debconf15.debconf.org";>DebConf15</a> continues.

Registration to the conference with sponsorship requests are being
assessed, and results will be published in May.

In the Debian blog we have announced that <a
href="https://bits.debian.org/2015/03/hp-platinum-debconf15.html";>HP is
our first Platinum sponsor</a>
and we also listed <a
href="https://bits.debian.org/2015/03/new-sponsors-debconf15.html";>more
sponsors</a> that support DebConf. Thanks to all of them!

If you know any other company or organization that could be interested,
don’t hesitate to point them at our <a
href="http://media.debconf.org/dc15/fundraising/debconf15_sponsorship_brochure.pdf";>sponsorship
brochure</a> (also available in <a
href="http://media.debconf.org/dc15/fundraising/debconf15_sponsoren-broschuere.pdf";>German</a>)
or tell us about any leads. Sponsorship opportunities will be open until
the end of May.

The call for proposals is still open too, and we encourage the Debian
community to submit their talks, events, sprint plans so we can get the
picture of how the schedule of DebConf15 will be as soon as possible,
and better coordinate the content events with the social events.

Finally, now that we have a new stable release, and a new development
cycle begins, maybe it's time to try to consider new ways to participate
in the Debian community. If you want to get involved in the DebConf15
organization, even for just particular activities such as the Open
Weekend or the Day Trip, any help is welcome. Engage with us at IRC in
#debconf-team and #debconf15-germany channels, and grab the date of our
<a
href="https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Germany#Meeting_minutes";
incoming meetings</a>.