Re: [Debconf-team] Registration questions

This looks really good and well thought-through! Thank you, Cate and
everyone else involved.

Here are a few comments:

> Full name (for badge): ....
> Nickname (for badge): ....
> Contact email: ....@....
> [X] Subscribe to announcement list  <<default: Yes>>

I am not sure we should make this optional. We should really have
a way to reach out to all attendees if necessary. So if the
announcement list is not the way to go, then maybe we can add
a statement like "we might well send you e-mail if you opt-out, in
case important stuff comes up". But then, why would people sign up
to the announcement list?

> <<Do we offer 23 as departure day?>>

Yes. The morning only though.

> Role in DebConf:
> - Regular attendee <<Default>>
> - Organizer

I suggest en_GB instead: Organiser.

> Registration level:
> <<help text: "Thank you for supporting Debian and DebConf. Payments will be
> handled onsite">>
> - Basic registration (free) <<Default>>
> - Independent (100 EUR)
> - Professional (200 EUR)
> - Corporate (500 EUR)

Why not make the default "independent"?

Also, have you guys considered adding a free-form option, or
a donation field?

> Room type:
> << Do we have better room to offer for more price? >>
> - Not applicable
> - Regular
> - XXX (supplement of 20 EUR/day)

This is not decided yet. We should give people the option to apply
for double-rooms, e.g. couples, but we cannot make any guarantees.
Well, not yet. I think it would be good if those people later in
charge of room allocation would have a look… (contact me for
details)

> Gender (for diversity statistics):
> - Male
> - Female

I suppose this list is incomplete and should include N/A and/or "Not
specified".

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org