Re: [Debconf-team] Montréal food prices update

Louis-Philippe Véronneau dijo [Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 01:13:32PM -0500]:
> Hi!
>
> We received some quotes from one of our caterer options. The Nest
> (McGill’s student-run café) quoted 20 CAD$ per day per person for 3
> meals a day.  Just to be clear, this means about 6,66 CAD$ per meal
> per person, or 5,34 USD$ per meal per person at current currency
> rates.
>
> We have ask for a possible menu and should get it soon. In the mean
> time, all other infos about food can be found here:
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Bids/Montreal/Venues/McGill#Food
>
> I'll reply to the list when I will get some more infos.

This sounds very good!

A question that always pops up, specialy when the venue is in the
middle of an interesting city: How flexible are they regarding actual
attendance? Say, we ask them to prepare food for 250 people (as we
have i.e. 200 food-sponsored and 100 non-food-sponsored), but 80
people decide to eat out that night instead of 50. Do we have to pay
the missing 30? Or if one night only 20 go out instead of 50, will
they have enough food for them?

What are the margins they would feel comfortable within?

Thanks!