[Debconf-team] DC16 - Montreal request for precise informations about networking

Hi!

To be able to anwser to this question ( "If we use someone else's infrastructure, how easy / flexible can that be handled, regarding routing /
firewall / ip-range / public access / other stuff?" ), McGill's IT department needs precise infos.

Would more experienced people be kind enough to gives us that? Meaning:

1 - What kind of routing tweaks we would like

2 - What kind of firewall we would like

3 - What kind of ip-range we would like

4 - I don't get the "public access" part. I guess it is about wifi access?

5 - Other stuff?

Remember, they want *precise* infos. I know it might be early to know what we want in all the fine details, but they will not be able to answer
otherwise..

Thanks!

--
pollo