[Debconf-team] Bid status and the upcoming decision meeting

Hi all,

As I already mentioned on a separate mail, we will have the decision
meeting next Tuesday at 19 UTC.

The old process included a "Bid status meeting", that this year we are
skipping in favor of going directly for the decision one.

Instead of an IRC meeting, we'd like to ask for some status updates
from the bids, and if you have any question regarding the process.
We'd also like to invite all bid members to join #debconf-team in
advance, so that they can chat with the rest of the team in the
upcoming days and not just during the meeting.

For the decision meeting, bid teams should prepare:
 * A description of how their bid meets each of the points on the
priority list [1].
 * A description of the weak points in their own bids.
 * A description of the strong points in other bids.

[1]: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList

Teams may choose to keep this private until the meeting, but in
general I think it's better if you do this before and give people
access to read it in advance.

During the meeting, both the bid presentations already in the wiki,
and these descriptions will be evaluated by the members of the
committee; we will evaluate the merits of each bid taking into account
the different items and trying to find which would be best for hosting
the next DebConf.

Given that we are skipping one meeting, if it were to occur that both
candidates still need some work done on some of the points, it's
possible that we might give the bids more time to figure out the last
details.

I want to remind everyone working on DC16 that after all is said and
done, we will end up choosing one and not the other.  This is
something that might hurt, but that we expect that both bids are
willing to accept.

--
Besos,
Marga