[Debconf-team] Summit - Propose an event form fields]

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:12:25PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> > + License (list box)* NEW
> > 	contents:
> > 		GPLv2/v3
> > 		Mozilla Public License (MPL)
> > 		3-clause BSD License
> > 		The Artistic License
> > 		The MIT License
> > 		Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike (CC-BY-SA) v4.0
> > 		Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike (CC-BY-SA) v3.0
> > 		Other - Please mail talks@debconf.org
>
> The contents and structure of this list confuse me.

I understand you are confused,
Some of the content came from: https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#The_Big_DFSG-compatible_Licenses

The idea to set this came after the suggestion to remove the field from the form
and set a `default' license for the submitted talk/even, by that time I thought this was a
bit restrictive, and it could a good idea to ask on the form, this was supported for some other
team members.

But most likely all the slides, papers, etc. Submitted for an event will have their
own licenses and © info embedded, some other events like cheese and wine party, probably
have its own way to force its terms of use that may not be suitable
for a software/document license; so, maybe it is better to not include this field at all.

FWIW: On penta we used to have: GPL, BSD, MIT/X11 Like, N/A, probably, it is also a good idea
using the same field and content just for the sake of the old penta :)

Cheers

--
René