Re: [Debconf-team] DC14: setup team, sponsorship, and volunteers: how to decide?

> No I would not, but I would probably identify the important ones for
> each team, as you and Gunnar suggest, and I would also take it up
> with the other volunteers and get a feel for how reliable their
> "promise to volunteer" is. We don't want people willing to
> volunteer, we need people with self-initiative who can drive things,
> right?

Well FWIW the self starters are likely already involved. My experience with conferences and promises to volunteer is that it is hard to measure promises unless you know the person.

I suggest using current contributions and total cost of request as the heavy measurement and minimal consideration to any offer to volunteer.