[Debconf-team] Sponsorship for GSoC students attending DebConf

[Please keep Sylvestre and myself Cc'd]

Hi folks,

I'm contacting you, as a GSoC admin, in order to arrange for this year's
students stay at DebConf.

As you know, each and every year we try our best to have the GSoC students
engage with the Debian community at large, and what best opportunity is there
than having them attend DebConf? I know for a fact that last year's attendees
had a great (and productive) time. Furthermore, this year's edition pretty much
coincides with the end of the GSoC schedule, which means that it comes at a
perfect time for students to get on a stage and talk about what they have done
for Debian during the summer!

As was done in the past, Google has offered us to reimburse the GSoC students
for their travel expenses to attend the conference. We therefore are looking
for sponsorship of their food and accomodation costs only.

As far as our survey turned up, 5 to 7 students have shown interest in
attending DebConf (we haven't heard from everyone yet, but the number shouldn't
go much higher). Do you think it would be possible to have their stay
sponsored?

Thanks a bunch for considering,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont