[Debconf-team] Code of Conduct

Hello!

We were recently asked to provide a Code of Conduct for DebConf. Due to
issues at other conferences, a written and enforcable Code of Conduct has
become the standard for other open source events. We're very fortunate that
we've not really needed one to the point, and I'm happy to spell out
expectations to continue the trend.

I've started piecing together a template for the DebConf (universal, note,
not DebConf14) Code of Conduct[0] that builds on the excellent CoC from
DC13[1] as well as the CoC from LCA[2] and that also clearly defines
Debian's Diversity Statement[3] and *Debian's* Code of Conduct[4].  Please
note that while Debian's Code of Conduct is great, we need to be very
explicit about interactions when people are actually face-to-face.

I appreciate any feedback on list, and <better yet!> on the wiki. Once we've
come to an agreed upon CoC (or in 2 weeks, whichever happens first, and
barring any serious concerns), I'll have it added to the main conference
page and pushed into the git repo for use for other Debian events.

Cheers!
Patty

[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf14/CodeofConduct
[1] http://debconf13.debconf.org/register.xhtml
[2] https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution_and_policies/blob/master/code_of_conduct.md
[3] https://www.debian.org/intro/diversity
[4] https://www.debian.org/vote/2014/vote_002

P.S.
madduck: No.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski