Re: [Debconf-team] help needed for penta datamining

Am 25.03.2014 07:32, schrieb Steve Langasek:

The best source of data for this is going to be the penta database. Is
there someone here that's willing to volunteer their time to run some
queries and answer some questions? If you don't already have access to the penta database, that's ok - if you're handy with SQL and have some time to
give, it should be no problem to arrange access.

I'm not really volunteering time to run such things regularly, I just don't have that.

But...

Here are the questions that I would like to have answers for currently, for
DebConfs 10-13 (at least):

[...]

Best would be to have this data made available as a standing report that we could reference for the future as well. FWIW, there used to be just such data available at <http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/stats/>, but this disappeared following the last alioth crash. :/ Other sources of historical
data include <http://penta.debconf.org/stats> and
<http://rkd.zgib.net/http/debconf/> - it would be keen if someone could reconstitute these reports and get them re-published somewhere suitable. Or if someone had a cronjob where these were being generated, and has a good
way to set it up again, maybe that would be even better!

... here I say that we should not have this on outside machines but on debconf.org hosts, and I do volunteer to help getting it run there, which is directly on penta (readonly). And at least one other to have access than me and Gunnar. We do have role accounts for all of penta already, so its mostly getting people to have access
and then for them to learn the penta schema).

I'm not available this evening, but if someone wants to setup a time with me on Weekend where we get $someone up and running, mail me off-list or contact me on IRC

--
bye Joerg