Re: [Debconf-team] close debconf15-team@l.d.o ?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 18. März 2014, martin f krafft wrote:
>> Please keep the two separate.
>
> No. While it's unavoidable that those two teams exist in the beginning, we
> want them to merge ASAP. So it's best to close the localteam list ASAP too.
>

> cheers,
>         Holger, I guess this is even documented in the DebConf manual. If not, it
>                 should be. Maybe we also should have debconf-conference (and
>                 a debconf-conference-doc?) pseudopackage(s) in the bts

I think we are overlooking something as we seem to be pushing to close
the dc15 list [1] when the dc14 list [2] is still active and
apparently being used to coordinate meetings in Portland [3]?

Also a quick look at the dc13 local list shows that regular email
traffic continued until almost a month before dc12. [4].

I believe this likely means that to follow history, we may want to
retire the dc14 list, but allow dc15 to keep using their list for a
few more months. IE: I don't think everyone necessarily wants to read
emails coordinating local trips to potential venues, and/or other in
person meetings in Germany. (That said we should always make efforts
to ask the winning bid teams to try to make sure to include
debconf-team@ in relevant discussions early and often.)

Looking back for DC10, before we (NYC) won the bid we used our
Debian-local mailing list for bid planning, and only got an official
mailing list until after we won the bid. I believe we kept using the
debconf10-local list until around the time of DC9.

Thanks,
Brian

[1] - https://lists.debian.org/debconf15-team/
[2] - https://lists.debian.org/debconf14-team/