Re: [Debconf-team] Checking people's feelings on Paypal (as an option) for Debian donations.

On 10/10/14 14:12, Brian Gupta wrote:

> I believe the opinion would be best characterized as:
>
> "The DebConf fundraising team understand that some people don't like
> Paypal. Some of the team members also don't like Paypal, but recognize
> it's value as a widely used payments platform that can aid Debian's
> fundraising efforts. For a non-trivial percentage of people who
> already have Paypal accounts, providing them a Paypal option will make
> it much easier for them to donate money to Debian and would likely
> increase donations. This option would not replace all the other
> options on Debian's donations page.

Sorry for not answering to this before.

Brian asked the chairs to comment on this, so with my chair hat on, I
want to say that we agree with this statement.

Tincho, on behalf of the chairs.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)