Re: [Debconf-team] budget approval process

also sprach Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> [2014-10-16 11:24 +0200]:
> > What's the difference between what you suggest and Debian just
> > committing (up to) y from the start, given that any surplus comes
> > back to Debian anyway and we won't use money from Debian to fund
> > expenses beyond the worst-case-budget?
>
> There is none, except that y = ~100k€ (in a worst case budget without
> any additional sponsors, and no professional/corporate attendees, which
> I agree is unlikely, but that's the point of a worst case budget).
> That is an amount of money that I don't think a DPL should prepare to
> spend without an understanding of how it would be going to be spent.

And what is the amount "x" that you think Debian could allocate to
DebConf without the DPL having an understanding of how exactly it
will be spent?

… Again, working on the assumption that (a) we don't spend
excessively anyway, and (b) surplusses go back to Debian?

> I don't think that the chairs delegation contradicts what was
> written in that discussion. But if you feel that the delegation is
> unclear, maybe we need to clarify it.

I suggest to wait until we have finalised a new orga structure and
then we can (and probably should) revisit this.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16 in your country? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16