[Debconf-team] Estimating budget assumptions for DC15

Folks,

the utility of the DC15 budget will depend largely on the
assumptions we make, mainly how many people we expect to be staying
at the youth hostel on each day.

This is guesswork, but we should try our best, for our own benefit.

There is a great technique out there called "Delphi method", and
I think it is very suitable to the task. Basically, it's the "Wisdom
of Crowds" theory applied: we are altogether going to make more
accurate assumptions than a few of us could.

Please head over to http://whiteboard.debian.net/dc15-assumptions.rst
where you can find more information. This is an experiment, so
please be open-minded. Feedback welcome, maybe this is going to be
useful in other cases. Whiteboard does make it easy as it provides
a sufficient degree of anonymity. So don't use your real name!

The more people participate, the better. It'll only take a few
minutes.

Please make sure to participate in the next ten days. I will close
the poll on 2014-10-10.

Thank you,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`