Re: [Debconf-team] Reducing the bandwidth of -announce?

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 19:16:16 -0700
Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debconf.org> wrote:

> Le mardi, 26 août 2014, 19.11:14 Allison Randal a écrit :
> > I'm kind of curious why we have two lists? I know one has more free
> > permissions for posting, but it seems like a single list with open
> > posting would be sufficient.
>
> I see -announce as a platform for "official or mandatory"
> communications, and -discuss as the playground mailing list for all
> attendees… I think the distinction is important, but if we want to close
> -announce, I won't fight for it.

Right, for me -announce is a platform for "official" communication from DebConf Team. DebConf discuss is "Discussions about Debconf" so you can share everything you need in -discuss.

Regards,

Norman García <norman@riseup.net>