Re: [Debconf-team] New proposal: DebConf governance in three moments

Dear Tassia, and Martín, and Moray,

Obviously, I'll support your plan. Thanks for taking the time to
write in. Let me know how I can help.

You are proposing pretty much what I had in mind, except I think
maybe the expectations are a bit too high. Taking a few days to
gather ideas, 2-3 days to process and then have a summary or
concrete suggestions will be next to impossible, at least if you are
starting from scratch. And if you want to participate in DC14 a bit…

I say this because I have *done* this work. I was involved with
DC13 (and since DC7), I talked to a lot of people on all sides,
I spent a large portion of my time at DC13 talking to people (and
not always just single people, we were usually groups sitting in
front of the bar), and then took several weeks to bring together all
notes and ideas into my governance proposal.

Maybe it /is/ useful to you. I am not trying to push it as my
agenda, but I would hate to see all this work done for nothing.
It would be nice if you — time permitting — didn't write it off
without consideration. I am fairly sure it goes a long way of where
we will be going anyway, and it's just a proposal, it's waiting for
changes, improvements and parameters to be tuned!

Always keep in mind is that we won't find a solution that pleases
everyone, but this should not hold us back. The team will modify
everything on the way, and later on.

Independently of the proposal, I think that more important than
concrete proposals to address the issues by the end of a week would
be a plan (incl. deadlines) on how to proceed. We must ensure that
this process does not get stalled or derailed into bikeshedding.
It'll be necessary then to drive it and sometimes make decisions
without consensus. Else I am afraid we might just get stuck again in
a swamp.

Good luck,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`