Re: [Debconf-team] Budget woes

martin f krafft dijo [Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 07:31:12AM +0200]:
> also sprach Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> [2014-08-17 05:48 +0200]:
> > If we don't have consensus/approval/support by 8am PDT Monday
> > morning, the default is that we're not getting bottles, because we
> > won't be able to.
>
> Not sure how you want to vote on this or what establishes consensus,
> but as I said months ago to Patty: if you raise the funds, you can
> have the bottles ;). So I am in favour of this.

Umh, I might be late to answer, but... No, I do not feel this
way. Steve, if you say the tap water is perfectly drinkable, and there
are water dispensers around the area, I see pointless paying (what was
it?) $150 extra per day (and, I guess, per hacklab or space). That
easily amounts to an extra flight sponsorship for the next year's
DebConf!

We should keep the money handy (and authorized to be used on
"emergent" things), but if there is a surplus, Debian (which probably
means DC15) should get it.