Re: [Debconf-team] confirmation of room changes; details on talk room capacities

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 10:39:00AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 02:19:37PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >  - If we move one of the talk rooms downstairs, can we still wire it up?
> >    (Kees)

> I don't have a way currently to get GigE cable between floors. I'm trying
> to schedule a time to talk with Tamarack, and have added this to the
> agenda.

> (In a worst-case, perhaps we can throw a cable over the balcony?)

Thanks for this concrete guidance.  Based on the target room sizes, and the
doubts about wiring to the second floor, I've asked PSU if we can book rooms
338, 327/8, and 329 for the talk rooms.  It had been pointed out on IRC that
room 338 was also available and was a "large" room, which better fits the
target room sizes.

It also will put us over budget slightly for venue costs - by my
calculation, $1300 over.  I've asked Moray to approve this, but we've been
playing IRC tag today; of course we won't commit to this without chair
approval.

In case we can't get room 338 (due to budget or availability), I've also
inquired after rooms 294 and 298 as fallbacks.