Can do airport to psu instructions.
Please respond to John@503bartley.com .
Feedback from the last meeting was that there were folks on the list willing
to help out with DC14 TODOs, if only someone would ask; so here goes. While
some of these tasks depend on local information, I don't think you need to
be a local to at least make a start on these. Mostly it just needs someone
to massage the information into a clean format, it doesn't require a local
- [PRIORITY] Should include information (on a subpage) about travel to the
venue from the airport. The basics are:
- http://trimet.org/ for trip planner
- destination address: 1912 SW 6th Ave, Portland
- Red Line light rail trains from PDX Airport to downtown leave
approximately every 15 minutes, with a connection to the Yellow Line
light rail at Pioneer Square (Mall/SW 5th)
- fare is $2.50, tickets available for purchase from the vending machine
on the baggage claim level at PDX Airport
- last train of the night at 10:41pm
- Provide basic information about visas, customs, immigration, à la
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Border. Should be easy to copy
information from the DC10 pages.
- Provide a travel coordination page, like
- Mine https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Welcome for other kinds of
information we don't have on the DC14 wiki page and that you think would
- Mine https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf14/Portland for other
information that would be useful to attendees (no one should need to
refer to this page for any essential information).
- Miscellaneous development tasks always available, as documented here:
More ideas as I think of them!
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/