Re: [Debconf-team] Motivate woman contributors

Hello Yehuda,

I'm sending this reply only to our debconf-team list, it's a common
practice among us to reduce cross-posting as much as possible :)

> My name is Yehuda Korotkin and I teach technologies in one of leading
> colleges for women in Israel.
>
> I thought about the possibility of introduce Debian and the Debian
> community to the girls that i teach.
>
> Our girls will install Debian Linux for the first time in their lives next
> week.
> I would like to take them on a journey in the open source world (from
> installation to community behind code).
> And give them a feeling of welcome and belonging.

Great initiative, I hope for your success here! :)

> I think would be fun and interesting to make a video conference call with
> community and give them a general explanation about Debian, introduce them
> to the community and get them welcome to the world of Debian
> and encouraging women for technology

Maybe you would prefer having a local Israeli to make it a closer
experience? We have several Debian-related people (some developers,
some contributors) in Israel, so this might be quite achievable! Do
you want me to put them (in private mail) in contact with you?