Re: [Debconf-team] PSU Network Requirements

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 07:00:48AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> The portal requires redirection to a web page where you type in your
> name, agree not to do bad things on their network, and then choose
> whether you'd like the code via SMS or email.  If you opt for email,
> then it give you a window of 10 minutes during which at least a few
> ports (I'm not sure which all) are open and DNS works; I've been able to
> check my email over IMAPS from my mail client of choice.  After that,
> the connectivity seems fine, although it wasn't particularly speedy
> during the summit hacking meeting.  I'd say that a mirror is a must.

That sounds fine, but the crucial question is whether one has to jump
through this hoop once for each device per Debconf, or per day?

The former appears to be no huge problem (I assume some will have
trouble, but could be helped somehow, possibly by setting up a tethered
hotspot at front desk where people can retrieve their code), the latter
would be really annoying.

Maybe it could be negotiated that people get a pre-assigned code during
front-desk registration, valid for the time of the conference?

Michael