Re: [Debconf-team] TO status for DebCOnf15's legal entity

martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> writes:

> also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2014-04-25 23:21 +0200]:
>> I of course have no say in the decision of whether the Debian
>> trademark gets used in this way - that's for the DPL - but I just
>> wanted to note that having the money routed through legal
>> frameworks *not* called "Debian" has never been a problem in the
>> past.
>
> I also don't think the difference will be hugely noticeable, but
> you actually don't know if ever there has been a "problem".

I don't know either for other years or other members of the sponsorship
team, but for DC13 this has never been a problem in my conversations
with sponsors. I would be very surprised if the name of the organization
matters as long as you are allowed to contact the in the name of DebConf
(and with this to some extent also in the name of Debian).

Gaudenz