Re: [Debconf-team] [Soc-coordination] GSoC students / DebConf14

also sprach Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> [2014-04-22 09:01 +0200]:
> If I remember correctly, it was a combined effort:
>
> - Google paid for transport to DebConf13
> - the DebConf13 budget provided accommodation and food for the students

Sponsored accomodation is open to everyone and will be awarded
according to individual assessment, so I think you should encourage
all students to apply accordingly, and if their (potential)
contribution to Debian is notable, then there ought to be no
problem.

I do not think we should categorically sponsor room & board for
a certain class of attendees, even if they can be somewhat
associated with a sponsor — that would need to be part of the
sponsoring package. In general, we should avoid doing any sort of
special treatment.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team