Re: [Debconf-team] registration metadata

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:18:03AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> Starting a new thread, since I missed data hiding under other tabs. Here it
> is again...

> Here's what dc13 had. I've added some notes marked by "*":

> "General"
>
> First name
> Last name

Should be taken from the OAuth2 database; I think we can safely assume that
everyone gets their name right over there, and we shouldn't have people
using different names for DebConf than they do for debian.org.

> Nickname
> 	*(seems like this should be explicitly "irc nick" or split?)

Historically, we print the nick on the badges, to help with mapping
real-world to virtual identities.  It's often an IRC nick, but could be
whatever nick someone wants printed on their badges.

> Full name (for e.g. badges)

Should default to the oauth2 data, but should be overridable to account for
non-obvious name order preferences etc.

> Title
> Sex
> 	unspecified
> 	male
> 	female

Since this information will be gathered by the PSU website for any roommate
assignment questions, this would be for statistical purposes only this year
- but it's worth having for that purpose alone.

> Image
> 	file upload

FWIW I'm happy to take care of this piece, I've done image upload handling
in django before so it should be no trouble

> Make Image public
> 	checkbox

I am unsure why we would ever allow people to upload pictures to our server
if they're not going to be public.  Should we drop this option, and just
tell people not to upload pictures they don't want public?

> Role in Debian
> 	Debian Project Member (all DDs)
> 	Debian Maintainer
> 	Debian contributor (including artist, translator, etc.)
> 	Otherwise involved in Debian
> 	Not yet involved but interested
> 	Accompanying a Debian participant
> 	None

The set of options doesn't change, but the first of these options should be
auto-selected on the user's behalf - you're a DD IFF your OAuth2 data says
you are.

> Role in DebConf
> 	Regular attendee
> 	Organizer
> 	Volunteer
> 	Sponsor
> 	Press
> 	Accompanying a DebConf participant
> 	None

> T-Shirt Size
>         Small
>         Medium
>         Large
>         Extra large
>         Extra extra large
>         Female small
>         Female medium
>         Female large
>         Female extra large
>         No Shirt selected
> OK being photographed or filmed?
>         Yes in public areas, unless I say otherwise
>         No, unless I give my permission

The rest of these seem normal.

> "DebConf"
> I want to attend this conference
> 	checkbox
> Reconfirm Attendance
> 	checkbox

This is a field that becomes active only later; needs to be part of the
model but hidden initially.

> Contact me regarding disability accommodation
> 	checkbox
> Registration type
>         Basic registration (free)
>         Professional registration (200 CHF)
>         Corporate registration (500 CHF)

Prices here need adjusted, at least wrt currency.  The DebConf budget
currently assumes $200 and $500.  Is everyone happy that these are the
correct levels for professional / corporate registration?

> Accommodation
>         I will arrange my own accomodation off-site (no fee)
>         I request sponsored accommodation (Not for Professional/Corporate)
>         self-paid communal accommodation (20 CHF/day)
>         self-paid camping (camper van or tent; 20 CHF/day, limited availability)
>         self-paid accommodation in room with up to 8 beds (30 CHF/day)
>         self-paid accommodation in room with 2 beds (40 CHF/day/person, only for Professional/Corporate)
>         upgrade to 4-bed room (20 CHF/day/person, only sponsored)

The only options we should need this time are:

         I will arrange my own accomodation
         I request sponsored accommodation (basic registration only)

"Arrange my own accomodation" may include "I click the link to PSU's website
and will pay for a room on campus myself".  And since all rooms are doubles,
I don't think it's useful to offer upgrades to singles for sponsored
attendees.

> Food preferences
>         No dietary restrictions
>         Vegetarian
>         Vegan (strict vegetarian)
>         Other (contact organizers)
>         Not eating with the group
> Food preferences
> 	*(seems like this should be "Food payment")
>         I wish to pay for food at the conference (25 CHF/day)
>         I request sponsored food
>         I will care for my own food and understand that there are no shops or restaurants nearby.
> 	*(last option is untrue)

Yes, the last option should be dropped.

We may not need the "I wish to pay for food at the conference" option
either; it may be that this should just go via the PSU form.  In which case,
maybe food + accomodation only need a single "I request sponsorship" box
this year, thanks to the limited set of options we need to handle?

> Daytrip
> 	*(this needs updating...)
>         A: International Clock Museum
>         B: Asphalt mine
>         C: Absinthe distillery
>         D1: Hiking from Les Rochats, 2.5h (7.4km, 300m elevation)
>         D2: Hiking from Le Camp, 5-6h (17km, 950m elevation)
>         O: Conference dinner only, I won't take part in the day trip
>         X: I won't take part in the day trip or conference dinner
> Participate in the Assassins game
> 	checkbox
> Room preference
> 	text box

Room preference should be dropped, they'll fill this out on the PSU site.

> "DebCamp"
>
> DebCamp
>         I won't be attending DebCamp
>         I have a specific work plan for DebCamp
>         I don't have a specific plan for DebCamp (payment required)
> DebCamp work plan
> 	text box

Dropped

> "Sponsorship"
> What are you doing for Debian? Why do you request sponsorship?
> 	text box
> How will your attending this DebConf benefit Debian?
> 	text box
> Why do you request help paying for your costs?
> 	text box

This looks like it should be carried over unmodified.

> "Spoken languages"

I believe this should be dropped.

> "Contact"

> Contact e-mail address
> 	text field
> Public e-mail address
> 	text field
> Include in mass mailings
> 	checkbox

Contact email should default from oauth2 data (and possibly be non-editable
for @debian.org users).

"include in mass mailings" should default to checked and be used by us on
the backend to sign people up for debconf-announce; or else be omitted.

> IM Address
> 	(multi-drop down)
>         jabber
>         icq
>         aim
>         msn
>         yahoo
>         gadugadu
>         irc

I don't believe this was ever used, we shouldn't block opening registration
for this.

> "Phone number"

> Phone type
> 	(multi-drop down)
>         mobile
>         secretary
>         work
>         private
>         dect
>         skype
>         fax
>         sip
> Phone number
> 	text field

I'm not aware if we've ever used this.  I suspect that we probably only need
one contact phone number per person.

> [...]
> 	Libyan arab jamahiriya
> 	Liechtenstein
> 	Lithuania
> 	Luxembourg
> 	Macao
> 	Macedonia
> 	Madagascar
> 	Malawi
> 	Malaysia
> 	Maldives
> 	Mali
> 	Malta
> 	Marshall islands
> 	Martinique
> 	Mauritania
> 	Mauritius
> 	Mayotte
> 	Mexico
> 	Micronesia, federated states of
> 	Moldova
> 	Monaco
> 	Mongolia
> 	Montenegro
> 	Montserrat
> 	Morocco
> 	Mozambique
> 	Myanmar
> 	Namibia
> 	Nauru
> 	Nepal
> 	Netherlands
> 	Netherlands antilles
> 	New caledonia
> 	New Zealand
> 	Nicaragua
> 	Niger
> 	Nigeria
> 	Niue
> 	Norfolk island
> 	Northern mariana islands
> 	Norway
> 	Oman
> 	Pakistan
> 	Palau
> 	Palestinian territory, occupied
> 	Panama
> 	Papua new guinea
> 	Paraguay
> 	Peru
> 	Philippines
> 	Pitcairn
> 	Poland
> 	Portugal
> 	Puerto rico
> 	Qatar
> 	Reunion
> 	Romania
> 	Russia
> 	Rwanda
> 	Saint helena
> 	Saint kitts and nevis
> 	Saint lucia
> 	Saint pierre and miquelon
> 	Saint vincent and the grenadines
> 	Samoa
> 	San marino
> 	Sao tome and principe
> 	Saudi arabia
> 	Senegal
> 	Serbia
> 	Seychelles
> 	Sierra leone
> 	Singapore
> 	Slovakia
> 	Slovenia
> 	Solomon islands
> 	Somalia
> 	South africa
> 	South georgia and the south sandwich islands

The country list is out of date, South Sudan is not listed. ;P  Hopefully
there's some way for us to import the country list into django so we don't
have to maintain it.

> "Emergency Contact"

> Name
> 	text field
> Way of contact
> 	text field

Should be retained

> "Travel"
>
> Arrival
> Date of arrival
> 	date selection
> Arrival time
> 	text field
> Special transport requirements?
> 	checkbox

> Departure
> Date of departure
> 	date selection
> Departure time
> 	text field
> Special transport requirements?
> 	checkbox

Looks right to me.

> Can the travel data be made public (other attendees)?
> 	checkbox

Punt on this.  AIUI we haven't used it lately.

> Need help paying travel fare?
> 	checkbox
> Travel costs
> 	text field
> 	currency drop-down
> Travel sponsorship needed in order for me to attend DebConf
> 	text field
> 	currency drop-down

Looks sane, but if we're planning to have a single checkbox for food+accom
sponsorship we probably want to group the sponsorship questions together

> ...and some mailing list subscription links

Should be made available, but I don't see any reason for them to be on the
registration form.

Thanks,