Re: [Debconf-team] Updated budget for DC14

Raphaël,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:45:29PM +0100, raphael@walther.im wrote:
> Hello,

> I have been asked at the last meeting to review and submit the budget to
> chairs. I did read the contracts and updated the budget with the help of hug.

> Please find the updated budget attached with this email. I will also update the
> file in the usual place.

> Comments are following in a separate email.

I am very frustrated by this.  You were not "asked" at the last meeting to
review and submit the budget to the chairs; you volunteered to review it
without being asked at all.  You also said during the meeting that you would
review it with me, which is not what has been done here - you have made
changes to the budget without any discussion with me at all.

These changes apparently include a modification of the conference dates,
despite the fact that these have been published for months and despite the
signed contract with fixed start and end dates for the venue rental.

Proper budgeting for the conference is clearly very important, and I'm
grateful for review from the wider team to ensure our budget is realistic
and properly reflects the conference priorities.  But wholesale replacing
one budget document with another, without any discussion or explanation, is
not a welcome form of "review".

If you disagree with particular points in the budget I prepared and want to
discuss, then let's discuss here on the list.  Otherwise, I intend to ignore
this budget document, which not only does not represent the best estimates
of the local team, but includes *increases* in the costs assigned to various
line items with no explanation.