Re: [Debconf-team] Pictures - License

> > Please try to be consistent about which license you mean. The above
> > quote is internally inconsistent. (CC BY-SA vs. CC BY-NC-SA) Also,
> > note that those 2 licenses are incompatible with eachother. (a BY-SA
> > work can't be used in a BY-NC-SA work nor the other way around. I
> > think.)
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Any suggestion for final report licensing? CC-BY-SA for everything minus
> > > corporate logos?
> >
> > Yes, CC is better for the text (than GPL) anyway.
> >
> > -Jeremy
>
> CC BY-SA is fine for me, that is what i consented originally, when sending my pictures.
> NC ist what I otherwise choose additionally, it is not a hard requirement.

Following a narrow definition of NC would be problematic - A major use
case for the report is to give it to our sponsors (last years' and
prospective) to try to get them to give us money again. So there *is*
monetary gain from the pictures we use. Yes, not *directly* (we do not
sell the report) but strong-indirectly.