Re: [Debconf-team] Framework for taking measures in case of severely unsuitable behaviour during DebConf

Hi Lucas,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:20:01AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> [ It sounds a bit strange to raise this after a DebConf that happened in
>   such a friendly and welcoming  atmosphere, but still ... ]

> This came up during a discussion with Patty Langasek, who is one of the
> members of the antiharassment@debian.org alias:
> Do we have a process for taking measures during DebConf in case of
> severely unsuitable behaviour?

Do you think that something more than this is needed?:

  Anti-harrassment

  DebConf is committed to a safe environment for all participants. All
  attendees are expected to treat all people and facilities with respect and
  help create a welcoming environment.  If you notice behavior that fails to
  meet this standard, please speak up and help to keep DebConf as respectful
  as we expect it to be.

  If you are harassed and requests to stop are not successful, or notice a
  disrespectful environment, the organizers want to help.  Please contact us
  at antiharassment@debian.org.  We will treat your request with dignity and
  confidentiality, investigate, and take whatever actions appropriate.  We
  can provide information on security, emergency services, transportation,
  alternative accommodations, or whatever else may be necessary.  If
  mediation is not successful, DebConf reserves the right to to take action
  against those who do not cease unacceptable behavior.

  http://debconf13.debconf.org/register.xhtml#antiharassment

> It might be useful to add something about that in
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Welcome
> for future editions of DebConf.

I think that speaks to the incomplete integration between the
debconfN.debconf.org site and the wiki, more than anything else.  If we were
consistently directing people via the former rather than the latter, perhaps
the existing notice would be sufficient?