Re: [Debconf-team] Daytrip information [2734]

Hi

Urs Schroffenegger <urs.schroffenegger@lampshade.ch> writes:

> On 08/13/2013 06:39 PM, DebConf Registration Team wrote:
>> Hi Urs Schroffenegger
>>
>> Tomorrow (Wednesday) is the day trip.
>>
>> You have selected the following DayTrip option and we have compiled
>> the relevant information for you:
>>
>> You have an invalid selection for the daytrip in the registration
>> system. Please contact us as soon as possible if you want to take part
>> in the daytrip. If not, we will assume that you only want to come to
>> the conference dinner.
>>
>> In that case, you have to arrange your own transportation to
>> Neuchâtel. The easiest option is to take the bus to either
>> Gorgier-St-Aubin or Yverdon and then train to Neuchâtel from there.
>> The boat journey for the conference dinner will end at Vaumarcus,
>> so taking your car is probably not a good idea. See http://www.sbb.ch/
>> for the timetable.
>>
>> Be sure to be at the Neuchâtel harbour at 7pm. Please be on time or we
>> will leave without you.
>>
>> Conference Dinner:
>> The conference dinner will be on a boat on lake Neuchâtel. You have to
>> be at the harbour at 7pm to board the boat. WE CANNOT WAIT so be
>> punctual.
>>
>> The boat journey will finish in Vaumarcus. From there we will have to
>> walk about 20 minutes back up to Le Camp.
>>
>> Openstreetmap link to the harbour of Neuchâtel: http://www.opentstreetmap.org/?lat=46.99174404144287&lon=6.931772232055664&zoom=16
>>
>> Conference Dinner menus:
>> There will be two main courses to chose for people without particular
>> restrictions: trout fillet or chicken (Vegetarians and vegans have
>> their own tasty menus, of course). As the numbers of each menu are
>> fixed, and to ease the service on the boat, we will be handing out
>> colourful food tickets during boarding. If you have an exceptionally
>> large preference for either chicken or trout, talk to FrontDesk and
>> get a food ticket of the correct colour in advance. Make sure to
>> have it with you tomorrow evening or you shall remain hungry.
>>
>> Swimming in Lake Neuchâtel:
>> We will spend the afternoon in Neuchâtel. Coaches will drop everyone
>> off at the harbour, at the same place where the boat leaves for the
>> conference dinner. It's possible to swim in the lake nearby. If you
>> want to swim, take your swimming trunks and towel with you.
>>
>> Breakfast:
>> Breakfast will be provided from 7:00 until 9:30.
>>
>> Lunch bags:
>> There will be a picnic buffet in the main building starting from 7:30.
>> You have to pack your own lunch bag for the picnic at lunch.
>>
>> Contact:
>> If against all odds you get lost during the DayTrip. Please contact
>> Front Desk at +41 76 640 91 11.
>>
>> Boarding coaches:
>> As the boarding of coaches can take quite a lot of time, please make
>> sure to be on time. We are on a tight schedule.
>>
>> If you want to change your daytrip option, please contact us as soon
> [...]

Yeah sorry about that. This is because although the systems knows that
you will only arrive on Friday, you are already marked as arrived as you
were in fact already here last week-end. We sent the mail to everyone
who according to the system was marked as arrived. The system does not
really deal with cases that come and the go home and come to us again
;-)

Gaudenz

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.