Re: [Debconf-team] Improving the lunch for DebConf13?

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:29:06AM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> On 26.07.2013 11:22, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 08:32:01AM +0200, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> >>I'm in favour for the lunch "upgrade".
> >
> >+1
> >
> >>OTOH I think we should try to downgrade the dinner during C&W: people
> >>could choose to eat less (if it is a buffet), and probably we need the
> >>dining room for C&W (so a buffet could simplify setup, and shorten the
> >>dining period).
> >
> >I'd go even further:  Its simply insane to have dinner before C&W.  I
> >could imagine to add a Wiki page were you "register for C&W as
> >replacement for dinner" and than subtract the number of registered C&W
> >attendees from the number of people we do pay for dinner at Le Camp.
> >
> >Or in case there are some dinner tickets ask in advance if people want
> >to have this ticket at C&W evening.
>
> Not all people like (or can assimilate) cheese, and I don't think
> registering is will work well.

... that's why I was suggesting a positive voluntary exclusion of people
who do not want dinner.  I guess way more people would fail registering
for C&W than those who just do not like cheese.  But we could save money
anyway.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--