[Debconf-team] 20th Birthday Party - DebianDay

Hi

I just added a draft version of the birthday party program and
announcement to the website [1] (not yet linked in the navigation).
Please review, the page is in SVN [2], so you can edit it directly. If you
are not comfortable with this, you can also send suggestions to me by
mail.

I'd also like to have your feedback for the following open questions:

* Barbecue for non DebConf attendees
I suggest that we offer the barbecue also to non DebConf attendees and
ask for a voluntary donation. IMO this is the easiest solution, allows
everyone to attend regardless of their finances and generally results in
as much income as having a fixed price. Opinions?

* Registration
If we want to invite non DebConf people to the barbecue we need some way
for them to register. I have setup a wiki page for this [3]. This is
easy for us, but has the disadvantage that everyone that want's to
attend needs an account in the wiki. Any better suggestions?
Do we want to ask people to register also if they don't intend to eat
from the Barbecue?

* Party program
We still don't have much for the program after the barbecue. Any ideas
and help is welcome.

Gaudenz

[1] http://debconf13.debconf.org/birthday.xhtml
[2] debconf-data/dc13/website/birthday.en.xhtml
[3] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/BirthdayPartyRegistration#Debian_20th_Birthday_Party_Registration

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.