Re: [Debconf-team] Day Trip - please comment

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 03:24:55PM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> On 11.07.2013 15:07, Raphaël Walther wrote:
>
> >Well, we will need to split the group between more or less 5 coaches of 75 persons:
> >
> >BREAKFAST at Le Camp
> >+ All attendes will take a picnic provided by Le Camp.
> >
> >MORNING 9:30 - 12:00
> >Activity A. Visit of Mauler in Motier
> >https://www.mauler.ch/
> >Activity B. Visit of La Chaux-de-Fonds and its museum about watches
> >http://www.neuchateltourisme.ch/en/decouvertes/museums/clock-making-m-lanbspchaux-de-fonds.1500.html
> >Activity C. Visit of an absinthe distillery in Couvet
> >Activity D. Visit of Asphalt mine
> >http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/destinations/top_attractions/travers-asphalt-mines.html
> >Activity E. Hiking - there are nice possibilities in the area. More about that later.
>
> I think there is too much options, which IMHO could complicate the
> organization. Note: people doesn't set a preference, people changes
> the preference on the same day, according the friend's preferences.
> Additionally you say 5 coaches, so we need people splitting in group
> homogeneously... I don't think it is very realistic
>
> So I would reduce the choice to max 3 options.

+1

> >PIC NIQUE LUNCH 12:00 - 14:00
> >Everybody will be at Creux du Vent if the weather is good. In case of bad
> >weather we can probably  book a covered place for 300 person at
> >Chézard-Saint-Martin (i haven't called yet).
> >Just for those who want to have a look on Creux du Vent:
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creux_du_Van
>

> It is a nice place.
>
> >AFTERNOON
> >14h-15h transport to Neuchâtel
> >15h-18h visit of Neuchâtel, there will be a lot of musician and artists in the
> >street from 17h in the city center which is a pedestrian area. The lake is
> >always very close.
> >For those who are intrested in technology we could arrange a visit to CSEM :
> >http://www.csem.ch/site/
>
> 3 hours in Neuchâtel it is a lot of time for geeks. So for non
> shoppers, I'll delay the departure from Creux du Van. E.g. 2 or 3
> couches could depart 1h-1h30 later.
>

> >18h-19 Neuchâtel - Vaumarcus by boat

Question: will it be possible to transport a / some bicycle(s) on the
boat (just considering an alternative to hiking - which is in contrast to
my initial vote of less options, thought).

> >19h30-20h30 Dinner at Le Camp
>
> Very full program, but also very nice.
>

> >DETAIL: I will need one volunter by activity in the morning who will be
> >responsible and doing the activity. This can be arranged at a later stage.
>
> I would volunteer C (or ev. B). Unfortunately these activities are
> in the morning ;-)

I could imagine having fun with hiking.  I'm carrying an OSM equiped GPS
device which might help finding the needed places.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de