Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

Le mardi, 9 juillet 2013 16.54:46, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
> What about transport?  Do they have to definitely finish and go home
> at 22:00 or whenever the last bus departs?  Do they have cars and
> can they potentially work more hours if the work isn't finished by
> 22:00?

As I understand it, we pay them for "work in Le Camp", they would handle
transport on their own; I think we should not care nor micro-manage
that.

> Is anybody considering alternative strategies like disposable plates
> and cutlery?  I don't believe it is a good option, but if the
> volunteer option is chosen and it works out badly, then at some
> point it may be necessary and it would be useful to have costings
> for the materials (e.g. 3,000 paper plates, ...)

You still need people to make them available, put them in wastebins,
dispose the wastebins, etc etc.

Frankly I do prefer any of the considered alternative (volunteer- or
paid-for-based dishwashing) to eating in disposable materials. If the
team decides to go the volunteer-dishwashing route, I expect that the
proponents of that plan (and I'm among them) would be ready to stand
behind that decision and would volunteer themselves frequently enough if
the "let's find volunteers" plan fails to make that "just work".

OdyX