Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

Le mardi, 9 juillet 2013 05.16:15, Raphaël Walther a écrit :
> So I just describe our options during DebConf here:
>
> A. Dishwashing fully volunteer based at no cost for the association.
> B. Dishwashing partialy done by 3 students from 14:00 to 22:00 for
> total cost of CHF 2640 and volunteer based in the morning.
> C. Dishwashing fully done by 6 students as described above with total
> cost CHF 5280.

(Trying to split pears in halves, looking for a compromise.)

What about an option B'; getting students for the two first meals
(dishwashing breakfast, setting up and dishwashing lunch, setting up
dinner) done by paid students and the dinner dishwashing (and breakfast
setup) done by volunteers? This makes sure that no volunteer risks
missing a talk and that attendees only have to volunteer their time on
the evening (where no talks are planned). That would still need 3-4 paid
students for a ~09:30-15:30 shift of course.

As for cutting prices down vs being fair to these students, I think
proposing a fixed price for their work is best and that 800 CHF (+ 10%
of social charges) for 8.5 days of work is a good price at swiss rates.

This option would cost 2640 CHF .oO(yay, a half pear).

Cheers,

OdyX