Re: [Debconf-team] Urgent: Dishwashing & Cleaning

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 06:38:36PM +0200, Raphaël Walther wrote:
> Hi there,

> This is quite urgent please read. I would need your input as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for looking into this!

> DISHWASHING
> Well, I have three persons interested for dishwashing and helping  for CHF 800
> per person from 10 august 2013 to 18 august 2013. The issue are the day will be
> very long for them from 10:00 to 22:00.  And the agency will close for one
> month end of next week. I need to speak to the people and get the contract sign
> by next week!

> The contracts will be done by the agency and we will just receive the bill (no
> added fees from the agency and not additional paperwork for social charges).

> So, my suggestion is to have two teams :
> a) 3 people from 10:00 to 16:00
> b) 3 people from 16:00 to 22:00

> They will prepare tables and be responsible for dishwashing.

> With current forfait, this would mean
> Forfait:                       6* CHF 800 = CHF 4800
> Social charges estimates: 10%             = CHF  480
> Total cost                                  CHF 5280

> CLEANING
> Regarding cleaning I have a company for CHF 36.18 per hours VAT included (33.50
> *1.08).

> They don't work on Sunday (or they charge a lot for it).

> I have the following plan :
> 7 August - 10 August (DebCamp) : 2 hours per day - 1 person from 9:00 to 11:00
> 12 August - 17 August (Conference) : 9 hours per day - 3 person  * 3 hours from 9:00 to 12:00

This looks reasonable to me.

> So 8 hours + 54 hours equal 62 hours in total.

> Total cleaning would be 62 * CHF 36.18 = CHF 2243.16 (as long as we stick to that plan)

> DISHWASHING & CLEANING
> Dishwashing                 CHF   5280
> Cleaning                    CHF   2243.16
> Total                       CHF   7523.16
> Budget                      CHF   5600
> Missing money               CHF   1923.16

> My questions now:
> 1) Shall I go with the two dishwasher teams ?

That seems reasonable to me - do the teams have a travel fee as well? Just
want to make sure that plan includes their estimates of getting to and from
Le Camp and we don't have surprises when the invoice comes in.

> 2) Do we have this additional CHF 2k for the cleaning & dishwashing?

> Note: The cleaning company could do all the work but it would cost us the 36.18
> per hour for dishwashing instead of CHF 16.29 for young people (social charges
> estimates of 10% included).

Makes sense.

Thanks, Raphaël!
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski