Re: [Debconf-team] Power supply at Le Camp

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> wrote:

> The only information I have in the contract is the limit of 160
> Ampere.

Usage apart from Le Camp normal consumption? I was thinking fridge, dishwasher... also uses power. 160 sounds a lot but I wonder if is "global" or if its the top for Debconf to use?

We did the calculation in one of our past meetings, but let's redo it here,
over-estimating all values:

350 persons using 100W all the time (which is quite a lot already): 35kW
Over 230 V: 35k/220: 152.2 Amperes.

The thing we don't know is whether it's 160A for the three phases, or 160A
each.

I'm not used to energy on the old continent but most probably it's on the three.

> Unless somebody else want to do it, I will call Romande Energy on Monday
> to check that everything is fine.

We have now more information?

I was just checking on the wiki, and there is no info about power outlets, a quick search on the web shows that [1], [2] the outlet is a little diferent, yes I know probably for Europe there is not much problem... but anyway I think could be added to the FAQ.

Regards.

[1] http://www.powercords.co.uk/standard.htm#SWITZERLAND
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_outlet#Swiss_SEV_1011_.28Swiss_10.C2.A0A.2F250.C2.A0V.29.28Type_J.29

--