Re: [Debconf-team] DC12 Travel Bursaries ("Herb Team"): Ping? Discussion?

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> According to the DC12 Final Report (which we should also prod, as it
> still stands as a RC — But that's not the subject of this mail ;-) ),
> I'm sending this mail to those that were part of the DC12 Travel
> Bursaries (known in intra-DebConf linga as the "Herb Team"). I'm
> Cc:ing you all, as well as sending this mail to the debconf-team list.
>
> We have started a discussion on whether we should reform the travel
> bursaries' decision into a more open process, as debated+suggested
> during DebConf. Some alternatives have been proposed, but to reach a
> decision, we need some more opinions. So, please, everybody (and
> specially you!) take a look at the thread where we have stated some
> ideas, and comment:
>
>   http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20130507.212452.a6fba4fa.en.html
>
> Now, please do note that today (on IRC) it was pointed out that we are
> somewhat late to have this discussion, as we should be aiming to have
> a rating done by early June in order for the refunds to be most useful
> to attendees. So, besides suggesting some ideas as to how we could
> make this process more inclusive / broader / fairer, please state
> whether you are interested and willing in being part of this team
> again for DC13 — Either under the already-known terms, or under a new
> yet-to-be-decided scheme.

I'm willing to serve on the team again this year under whatever scheme
we decide. But if you find enough people for the team, I'm happy to step
back and concentrate on other things. I'd actually even prefer to be
able to step back ;-)

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.