Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf13 open to the public?

Raphaël Walther dijo [Wed, May 08, 2013 at 02:37:06PM +0200]:
> Hi list,
>
> I have been asked by linux-neuchâtel (LUG): Does this conference is only
> for developers ?
>
> After a discussion on IRC, I wrote this draft.
>
> "Although DebConf13 is the annual developers meeting of the Debian
> Project and not a users conference, it is open to the public. If you
> want to attend a talk on a specific day please register to the
> conference with an arrival date equal to departure date."
>
> Do you agree this is an appropriate answer ?
>
> Moray suggested also to put it on the website. Shall we put it on the
> about.xhtml page?

I agree it is right, but I would just add a note saying that it might
not be interesting for the public at large, as the focus of the
conference is not as much (although it always includes it somehow)
about how to use exciting new technologies in Debian, but about how to
make Debian better. People should check the list of talks for the day
before going IMO.

I don't know how to word this — But if we tell to anybody then can
come, and they make a trip, just to find over-specific talks, they
will be quite disappointed. And we don't want to disappoint people!