Re: [Debconf-team] Asking NASA for sponsoring DebConf (or simply dedicated DebCamp)

Hi Andreas,
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:56:18AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:19:22AM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> > >    http://www.zdnet.com/to-the-space-station-and-beyond-with-linux-7000014958/
> > >
> > >this morning.  Hey, if I look at the stars I can see Debian for some
> > >moments!
> > >
> > >So do we have any people "close to NASA" or should just anybody try to
> > >approach them to fill a financial gap to enable DebCamp?  I'd volunteer
> > >to dedicate a part of my work there at some workitems specified by them
> > >(if they have such).
> >
> > We should try to contact them. If they don't sponsor this DebConf,
> > they could sponsor next one.
>
> Perfectly correct.  Who is this "we"?  I'd volunteer to prepare some
> text if this would be regarded as helpful.
>
> > BTW:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/1997/msg00005.html

Please find the sponsorship material we used so far under initial
contact:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Fundraising

Feel free to ask me if you need help to produce a cover letter or
whatever.

I am in favor of contacting NASA but unfortunately I don't have a contact there.

Cheers,
Raphaël