Re: [Debconf-team] Call for papers and talks team for DC13

Hi,

> Disclaimer: I'm completely unfamiliar with how talks submission and
> selection worked in the past. My aim is just to start the process as
> soon as possible and to get rid of this as soon as possible ;-). So if
> this is the wrong way to do it or if others are already working on this.
> Just tell me to not bother anymore.

Right, we should really get this going. And by "this" I mean
"everything we are not yet doing" ;-)

> As we are about to send out the announcment for the DC13 registration,
> we should probably also send out a "Call for papers" soon. There is a
> draft done by Cate[1].
>
> There is some documentation in the DebConf wiki about the talks
> selection process[2].

Ok, I'll work a bit on it today. I would still prefer somebody else to
give a proper polish to it afterwards (i.e. Native Englishness and such)

> The team wiki page [3] currently only lists Andreas Tille as a member of
> this team. On IRC it was mentioned that also Gunnar worked on that in
> the past. I guess we need some more volunteers on that team. Or are
> there already others I missed?

For DebConf11 we were (from debconf-data/reports/dc11/credits.tex):

Talk selection team:

    Micah Anderson, Luciano Bello, Blars Blarson, Biella Coleman, Jörg
    Jaspert, Daniel Kahn Gillmor, Andreas Tille, Gunnar Wolf

Talk scheduling team:

    Tássia Camões, Daniel Kahn Gillmor, Gunnar Wolf, Velimir Iveljić (DebianDay)

And for DebConf12 (corresponding file):

Talks selection:
     Gunnar Wolf, Daniel Kahn Gillmor, Joerg Jaspert, Blars Blarson,
     Andreas Tille, Luciano Bello, Micah Anderson, Tássia Camões,
     Giacomo Catenazzi

DebianDay Talks selection:
     Aura Lila Gutierrez Tejada, Leandro Gómez, Norman García

Talks scheduling:
     Gunnar Wolf, Tássia Camões, Giacomo Catenazzi

So, I'd suggest , as we have done on other teams, to invite people
that were on the team in the past to repeat. FWIW, I intend to
repeat.

> I'd prefer if the talks team would draft the call for paper and send it.
> Who has time to work on this?

I'll go look at Giacomo's draft right away. But I'm not (yet) sending
it. And, of course, it should IMO absolutely not be sent before the
registration is open, as people will be scratching their heads as to
how to submit a talk (but also, it should be sent right next to it).