Re: [Debconf-team] Suggestion for Professional / Corporate attendance Fee

Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> writes:
> The advantage of selling them this way is splitting room allocation out
> from room pricing.  You would pay for the "guarantee" of a certain
> maximum room size (though in practice if you didn't get that size we
> just wouldn't charge you for it, it's not a real guarantee).

Am I right in thinking that you're expecting people to be happy to
discover at the front desk that they didn't get the room they thought
they'd paid for, and that the inevitable expolsion will be diffused by
pointing out to them that they didn't get charged after all?

Or are you saying that some time after they booked, but before they
come, we'll tell them that they've been unlucky?  (which prompts me to
wonder if that'll be before or after they book their travel, and how
happy they'll be if they've bought a cheap no-refund ticket to get to a
room they deem inferior enough that they'd rather not come).

Cheers, Phil.