Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp Accomodation - Bed selling and professional fee

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> writes:
> The best solution seems to ask potential groups ("attendee" + relatives) to
> book early and then inform them at a later (but not too late) date if it's
> okay or not.

What are they supposed to do with the now-useless airline tickets if we
tell them we cannot accommodate the guests?

Alternatively, how are they supposed to decide to come when they don't
know what the prices will be like by the time we say it's OK?

I'd imagine that getting a family in motion is hard enough as it is
without us saying that there will be an undefined delay between placing
the booking and finding out if they'll have somewhere to sleep.

I think we need to either decide that families can stay away (or make
their plans with no help from us), or that once booked they're booked,
even if we'd prefer that someone else had got those beds by the time the
conference starts.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. My family will _not_ be coming to DC13, so no conflict of interest.