Re: [Debconf-team] I wish you a wonderful 2013 & DebConf13! (oh, and DebConf14 too)

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 03:59:19PM -0500, Brian Gupta wrote:

> > > For your information, I was motivated to propose Paris as a city for
> > > Debconf 14 (or 15).
> > > However, these recent threads/attitudes broke my motivation to start
> > > anything on this subject.
> >
> > I'm very sad to hear this. Please don't let your decision be influenced
> > by a few people complaining. Please submit your proposal anyway. I'm
> > sure the vast majority of the debconf-team tries to support any possible
> > local team.
> >

> I am absolutely 100% in agreement with Guadenz. A Paris bid would be most
> welcome.

Likewise from this lapsed/former DebConf team member, who hopes eventually have
time to help again (not yet). Please bid if you were going to. Most people get
along most of the time, despite the real and painful exceptions every cycle.
Everyone will support considering Paris seriously, along with other any bids.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org