Re: [Debconf-team] A/V opt-out for speakers (Re: Thinking of organising a special mini-debconf

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Michael Shuler <michael@pbandjelly.org> wrote:

> While I think the ideas expressed so far are good for completeness, I
> don't recall a recent DebConf that did not have a 3rd, 4th, or more
> additional talk or BOF rooms that are not streamed/recorded.  These
> rooms can certainly be utilized for those talks that wish not to be
> videoed.  As a remote attendee for the last few years, having a talk
> scheduled for one of the main rooms to find it "cancelled for
> streaming/recording" would be disappointing.

Very valid point. Asking this via penta would allow the talks team to
schedule such talks in untaped rooms.

There's still the option of "audio and slides only", but unless that's
an actual option it's hard to gauge interest in this. That would will
allow remote participation, arguably making it even easier.

Richard