Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

Le mardi, 23 juillet 2013 20.05:41, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> I understand the frustration at revisiting such questions if it
> appears that nothing has changed.

That's the core point indeed. I really suffer (but that might be just
me) from the permanent revisiting of questions that plagues the DebConf
organisation; it leaves no secure ground to base things on as everything
is always potentially under discussion. That makes things really painful
to organize and coordinate as you never now which carpet might drop from
under your feet. (That should probably be discussed in personam at
DebConf for next editions).

> But appeals to authority like this - and like those that have been
> used to suppress discussion previously over the course of DC13
> preparation - are highly inappropriate.

My intent has never been to suppress discussion and I'm sorry if my
words went out that way in the past (it never blocked people from
arguing anyway and discussion sometimes also showed me that I was wrong
too).

For what is worth, today's meeting minutes mentionned the following:
"#info around 10k outstanding. we still have a surplus of around 30k".

Cheers,
OdyX