Re: [Debconf-team] Day trip decision

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 09:53:23AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > I am writting regarding the Day Trip plan. The current plan is to do the
> > conference dinner on the boat on the way back from the day trip!
> > https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/DayTrip
>
> Thanks for all your work on this, Raphaël!
>
> > We would need an approval on Tuesday from the team. Then, we will
> > ask the participants to register for the Day Trip and select their
> > activities. And then we can finaly book all the transports and the
> > activities.
>
> yup, we shall finalize this in tomorrows meeting.
>
> > As you can see the budget for that day is close to CHF 28'000 which is CHF
> > 111 per person (252 attendees).
>
> wow :-/  Thats a lot of money for a day out in the green. Did we calculate
> that much for in the budget?

Yes, conference dinner + Day Trip budget are in total CHF 27'840. You can also
see more details on the cost at the end of the wiki page. Half of the budget
would be spent with the boat and the conference dinner on the boat.

We could drop this boat in the program and the conference dinner on that day to
save money. But we will then have one hour less at Buskers in Neuchâtel and
have late dinner at Le Camp (if that possible).

Cheers,
Raphaël