Re: [Debconf-team] Payment options?

Hi Andreas,

Yes, we explicitly ask to pay in EUR to get the cheaper SEPA transaction fees.
Our receiving bank charges no fees for EUR to CHF conversion.
Philipp

On Jul 11, 2013 4:12 PM, "Andreas Tille" <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to give some additional hint to this topic (after just having
initialised the transaction).  I personally went to my Bank and they
said that in case some conversion of currency is involved *all* Banks
would charge you at least 12.?? Euro but 27.?? Euro (as I payed actually
when paying the Nomad) would be the "usual" amount.  I immediately
offered help for to divide the amount in CHF by the exchange rate
printed on the invoice and this changed things a bit.  So if I do not
put the price in CHF on the form but in EURO the transaction should
really be for free.  At least I've got the word of the stuff personal
that they will solve the issue on their account if this should be not
the case.

So for everybody there should be a warning:  If you use SEPA than regard
the exchange rate on the invoice for your transaction and use the value
in EURO.

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

http://fam-tille.de