Re: [Debconf-team] Debian/DebConf OpenPGP card opportunity

Hi Daniel,

Le lundi, 8 juillet 2013 15.39:25, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
> Kernel Concepts is offering to put logos on the OpenPGP card for
> orders > 50 pieces
>
> I made an inquiry with them and they could also offer a bulk discount
> for a Debian purchase branded with the Debian or DebConf logos.  It
> could then be arranged for somebody from Germany to bring them down
> to DebConf.

I would go with a pure Debian branding and not with DebConf or DC13
sponsor logos. (That makes the items year- and sponsor-specific, where
the desired effect is to provide a tool for Debian, not for DebConf13).

That said if you can find a sponsor willing to pay a part of the cost
specifically for these items and get their logo on them, free to you,
but I don't see why we should be offering logos to DC13 sponsors on
items not given to all attendees (but bought by some).

> We could either purchase some arbitrary quantity for a
> first-come-first-served system or people could pre-order them (I
> could set up a basic webform for that)

That should be up to the person caring about the order and payment
processing; that said I suggest to handle pre-orders as that makes the
whole operation less risky.

> Is there any interest in this idea or any hard opposition to it?  It
> probably just needs one person to volunteer to design the card and
> another volunteer to handle the cards and cash throughout the week
> directly and optionally somebody to set up an order form.  It would
> not need to be done through the debconf team necessarily, I could
> raise it on debconf-discuss to see if there is interest.

If you want it; just do it! If the items you intend to sell have no
DebConf (or its sponsors) logos, this should really be coordinated
through debconf-discuss.

Cheers,
OdyX