Re: [Debconf-team] 2013-06-26 face-to-face meeting minutes

Le mardi, 2 juillet 2013 15.36:05, Moray Allan a écrit :
> Relying on finding volunteers for any aspect of cleaning is only
> reasonable if the "DebConf local team members" who propose this are
> also ready to do that part of the cleaning entirely by themselves if
> necessary: i.e. if there is somehow a lack of volunteers on a
> specific day, it needs to be clear who is (willing in advance and)
> responsible for doing the dishwashing.  Planning just to complain at
> attendees who aren't volunteering isn't enough.

Indeed.

That makes me further think that we should probably write a set of
"attendee rules" and get these explained, handed out and/or displayed.
We could have things like "DebConf is run by volunteers, please consider
helping for dishwashing once during your stay" and "The buildings are
put under our common eyekeeping, please watch after yourself". Phrasing
hints to avoid paternalism would be more than welcome, of course.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think we should make our
expectations clear to all attendees, thereby helping to make them
modest.

Cheers,OdyX