[Debconf-team] food (planing, cost, etc.)

Hello,

I've some question about food, and I think we should collect some ideas and questions, before asking them to Le Camp.

Food availability, prices:

IIRC we pay 35 CHF/day for food. What does it mean "per day"? From dinner (first day) to lunch (last day)? People could choose lunch (first day) to breakfast (last day)?

What about people sleeping outside Le Camp? Now they pay 25 CHF/day, without breakfast. Could they ask for an extra meal (first or last day)? What price? [this is a real question to registration@]

Note: I think we should also have the last lunch: Because Le Camp will do the final clean-up I think it is feasible, and OTOH we could have more manpower to move out all our materials and restore things.

Do we sell short term ticket? I'm thinking about visitors (mostly locals) taking a single meal. IMHO we should sell them at front desk (booked in advance, but for the few extra short term meal we could have).

Food plan:

What kind of food we will have? DebConf and DebCamp? Served? Buffet?

Could we have a food plan?

Probably we should notify the special meal we need to Le Camp:
conference dinner, Debian party (an outdoor/grill party?), and IMHO on Monday we should have C&W party (?), so a possibly light meal / buffet meal who can be combined with the C part of C&W party.

Do we need food tickets?

We have few people not eating with the group, but only one also sleeping with us (camping). So I would not make a rigorous check, but it could help abuses (e.g. having not paying people [family, people eating outside], taking second meal before regular people had the possibility to take the fist one; etc.).

If we get the food plan enough earlier, I volunteer to translate (with some help) the menus, and to manage a personalized food plan (e.g. to collect switches between regular and vegetarian). [I like to eat meat, but OTOH I really don't like to eat much consecutive meat meal, so I have some extra motivation to do such extra work; and we have few special options (no pork), so we should manage it anyway].

Do we have some kitchens available? Not as main food "provider", but I'll like to see attempt like "tasting Dulche de Leche" or some regional special food attempts (and maybe some night snacks). Maybe it could be done in the bar chicken, so we some supervision that we don't mess up the kitchen (and we leave thing clean). What do you thing about this?

ciao
	cate