[Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship

It has been pointed out on IRC that for several years we have intended to push travel sponsorship processing earlier, and that it is possible we can actually do this somewhat for DebConf13.

How much money is currently available that could be assigned to travel sponsorship? (We don't need to have the cash available yet, only to believe firmly that it will be available by the time of DebConf.)

I saw some suggestion that the amount of travel sponsorship might be relatively restricted. I think that would be a mistake -- we have a venue to which many people can travel cheaply, so we should take advantage of that, to subsidise more of them who need it, who would not otherwise be able to come. I think it is *far* more important to have many useful people attend than, for example, to add additional DebCamp days. [But some "setup days" for genuine DebConf team people would be higher priority than travel sponsorship, in case that part is unclear.]

--
Moray